Wisdom teeth usually erupts during the age of 17 to 25. Dentists usually recommend removing wisdom teeth for various reasons and they include misalignment, impaction, tooth decay, and tight spacing. The process is not just safe when offered by qualified professionals, but the Wisdom teeth removal cost in Melbourne has also become reasonable. Here’s what you could expect before, during, and after the procedure:
Before the Procedure:
To begin with wisdom teeth removal in Melbourne, you will first meet your dentist. They will ask about your medical history, explain about the process involved in the procedure, and answer all your queries associated with it. A convenient date for the procedure will be fixed, and a friend or a family member will have to accompany and drive you home. You shall go home as soon as the procedure is complete.
During the Procedure:
Before beginning the procedure, you would be administered with either general or local anaesthesia. General anaesthesia will put you in a sleep-like state during the complete procedure. With local anaesthesia, you will be provided with nitrous oxide to relax. You will be awake throughout the procedure.
You will not feel pain during the procedure due to the anaesthetic effect. If the gums or the jawbone needs to be cut to remove the wisdom teeth, dissolvable stitches will be inserted for healing. Wounds might also be then packed with gauge.
After the Procedure:
Once the procedure is done, you will rest until you are up from anaesthesia. Your family or friend will then drive you home. Post-procedure instructions provided by the dental professional will have to be followed to speed up the healing process. Some of the important guidelines you need to follow are:
- Rest during the initial few days. Do not involve in any intense physical activity at this time.
- Go for soft foods that do not require chewing. Some of them include applesauce, yogurt, and more. After few days, you could slowly switch to harder foods when you are safe and ready.
- Always remember to hydrate throughout the recovery period. This will be very helpful in enhancing the healing process. Try avoiding hot foods and beverages during the first day or at least in the first few days after surgery.
- The dental professional might also recommend you a brushing schedule. Make sure you follow this. Remember to not use brush in the first few days. Use a mouthwash instead.
- If, at any time during the healing period, you experience excessive bleeding, pain, or swelling, get in touch with the dentist for assistance.
If you are considering cheap wisdom teeth removal, get in touch with your dentist. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions you have about the procedure and make sure you follow every instruction carefully.