If your teeth were growing in at an awkward angle or impacted, you have to book an appointment with your dentist in Parramatta and remove your wisdom teeth sooner. If there is no complication for removing your teeth, the maximum recovery days will be four. Some people might need stitches to help close the wound. For them, it could take one to two weeks to recover. But, if the wound becomes infected or the blood clots become dislodged from the surgery area, the recovery process may take longer. So, to speed up the healing, take care of it by following the recommendation given by your dentist.
Do’s And Don’ts after the Wisdom Teeth Removal Surgery
To take and what to do to encourage healing, you have proceeded some set of tasks. Do’s
- Use an ice pack for the first few hours after surgery.
- Bite on a gauze pad in the extraction area for 30 minutes.
- Don’t drive for 48 hours after surgery.
- Intake the medicines regularly given by your dentist
- Keep your mouth clean by carefully brushing your teeth
- Consume soft foods like Jell-O, pudding, applesauce, and Yogurt, are all good options for the first day.
- Drink certain beverages
- If you smoke, don’t do so for at least 72 hours after surgery
- For the first hours avoid consuming Alcoholic, caffeinated or hot drinks
- If you chew tobacco, don’t use it for at least a week.
- Don’t drink anything too cold
- Don’t work out for three to four days
- Avoid eating food that requires chewing
Signs That You Need To Go Back To See the Dentist after Extraction
Once the wisdom teeth removal in Parramatta gets over, it’s normal within a few minutes the anaesthesia wears off, you will feel some pain. Also, you will have some swelling and residual bleeding. For this, you no need to go back to see your dentist, but you should visit the dental clinic if you experience any of the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain that spikes 48 hours after the extraction
- Fever and chills
- Increased swelling
- Oozing pus
- Throbbing pain that doesn’t subside with medication
- Severe bleeding that doesn’t subside within four hours post-extraction
- Redness or excessive discharge from the affected area
Decided to have wisdom teeth removal? Give a pat on your back, as you have taken the right decision. But the success for your dental procedure is in choosing the dentist in Parramatta. If you wish to have a wisdom teeth removal without any complication, contact the experienced cosmetic dentist in Parramatta. After the surgery looks after the wound properly and makes it heal as quickly as possible.