COVID-19 pandemic has caused a lot of distress among people. The increasing number of cases everyday have left many families in dismay. However, as per some researches, it is observed that coronavirus seems to be much milder in babies and children than adults. Let’s procure some advices to understand the current situation and act responsibly.
As per the health experts at AMRI Hospitals Bhubaneswar, children can experience different symptoms of Coronavirus through health conditions like fever, cough, sore throat, fast breathing, shaking with chills, muscle pain and headache. Although, these can occur due to other reasons as well, ignoring such symptoms is not preferable. Healthcare professionals with numerous years of experience working at AMRI Hospitals, teleconsultation hospital in Bhubaneswar, suggest that:
- If your child experiences any such symptoms, first of all, don’t panic and stay calm. Talk to a health care provider and contact your doctor who knows your child’s health history and understands the situation in a better way.
- Get a Tele health visit, if this option is available in your locality.
- Ensure frequent cleaning of the most touched surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, toys, phones, etc.
- Keep your child home to be cautious about the hygiene. It would help in preventing the spread of the virus.
- Only one person should be dedicated to take care of the child so that others are not exposed.
- Keep other people and pets in the house away from your child as much as possible.
Additionally, try to cover your child’s face if he or she is above 2 years and does not find it hard to breathe while covering the face. Other family members must wash their hands well and adopt sanitization habits. Wash them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Also, help your child get enough rest and consume liquids to boost the immunity.
Stay home! Stay safe!