GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric acid) is one of the well-known inhibitory neurotransmitters in the central nervous system of mammals. It regulates the growth of embryonic and neural stem cells. GABA can also be found in various other parts of mammals other than the nervous system- kidneys, stomach, lungs, liver, urinary bladder, pancreas, and the intestines. It can also be found in plants.
It is responsible for various mind and body functions. It sends signals to the cortex and controls various emotions. Low Gaba levels can lead to anxiety, depression, focus, and difficulty in concentrating.
Our body must have the right GABA level to function efficiently. One can maintain this level by consuming foods like mushrooms, citrus fruits, Brussels sprouts, Spinach, broccoli, and peanuts.
GABA counteracts to reduce the effect of excitatory neurotransmitter Glutamate. GABA also acts as a Nootropic- enhance cognitive functions like memory, creativity, and the ability to concentrate.
GABA nootropics have become widely popular in a stressful generation like ours. GABA nootropics are available in two ways- natural and synthetic.
Here are some of the uses of GABA-
- Motion sickness- GABA has been proven to reduce motion sickness and also reduce the symptoms associated with it such as chills or sweat.
- Reduces Anxiety.
- Regulates blood pressure- When used by people suffering from high blood pressure, GABA has been proven effective in regulating it.
- It can be used to treat ADHD- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Lifts mood.
- Reduces stress, tension, and depression.
- Boosts burning of fat.
- Reduces the chances of seizures.
- Enhances cognitive ability such as concentration power, attention span, and creativity.
- Reduces pain and inflammation.
- Improves sleep and regulates the sleep cycles.
- Helps with premenstrual syndrome.
- Aids in weight loss by suppressing the appetite.
GABA supplements are readily available both online and offline. It comes in different types of doses and varieties. One can choose any supplement from them depending on their needs.
The supplements are available in three forms: powder, tablet, or capsule.
These supplements regulate the levels of GABA in the human body, lack of which can lead to anxiety, depression, seizures, and many such health issues.
One such supplement is Aniracetam. It is well known to enhance the cognitive skills of human beings. It can improve memory power, ability to concentrate, reduce motion sickness and chances of Alzheimer’s disease, and also reduce anxiety and depression. It is also known as a mood enhancer.
Studies also show that it acts as an anti-aging agent. It is a part of the Racetam family, and it regulates the production of GABA.
Be it the intake of GABA supplements can reduce anxiety, insomnia, depression, tension, stress, or nervousness, all of these.
Have a stress free life!